Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Karma - sentenced to live out this life in a world filled with idiots...

(loyal readers of the Deringer Files not included in said group of idiots...)

A few of hours ago - I am sitting in a restaurant near my mother’s house (in El Paso, Texas - as I am house sitting for a few days) doing some work on-line and enjoying the changing colors of the morning... minding my own business and marveling at the size of  my breakfast burrito...

BAM!!! - comes from the outside wall to my left... I calmly get up and walk to a glass door behind my table to see a red pick-up truck slowly ease back from the side walk and roll gently on to the gravel driveway... the manager and one of the girls come outside with me to inspect the situation and we find there is no driver behind the wheel... as the manager returns inside to call the police I look around to see if anybody belongs to this truck... nothing... this is quite strange... did somebody crash into the wall by accident then flee in fear... perhaps... I look to the road in front of the restaurant and notice no other vehicles  - the restaurant sits on a corner and the crossing lights are red at the moment  - so no moving traffic... this was not a car wreck where the pick-up was pushed to the side... across the street from us sits a gas station... nothing unusual... wait... there is a body on the ground... I tell the girl next to me - call a medic... there is a man down... I point at him... she acknowledges my command... he belongs to this truck I tell her and run across the street to offer my assistance... time laps since the truck hit the wall - two minutes...

The gentle man on the floor is elderly - mid to late sixties... grey trousers, blue sweater, brown trilby hat... white hair... no one from the gas station either outside or from with in has come to his help... a white car pulls in as I get to him and a lady steps out... she tells me that she saw the man pushing his vehicle but it got away from him and rolled across the street to the restaurant...  She reaches to pick him up - I stop her... and address the gentle man...

Time laps since crash - four minutes...

I put my hand on the mans shoulder... sir...
Are you injured?
 - no response
Can you hear me?
 - no response
did you get caught under the truck?
 - no response

He is face down lying on his stomach... he lifts his head a bit...
I address him in Spanish... asking him the same questions...
He replies in English that he fell...
I ask him again if he got caught under the truck and he says no the truck got away from him as he pushed it to the gas pump but he could not stop it... he was running along side of the truck but slipped and fell into the rocks...
I say to him - you got the wind knocked out of you... did you hurt yourself...
He does not reply....
Help is coming I tell him...
I have a bad heart -  he say...
Are you on medication at the moment...
He says yes...
Do you require any pills right now I ask...
He shakes his head...
I ask him his name...
He tells me...
I ask him how old he is...
He tells me...
I ask the lady that is there to place her hand on his leg and she does...
I ask him if he can feel that...
He says yes...
I ask her to put her hand on his lower back and she does...
I ask him if he can feel that...
He says yes...
I call him by his name and say - you just had a little tumble and got knocked out for a bit... I want you to just stay there and get your bearings straight before we sit you up... are you sure you don’t require any pills for your heart at the moment... before he responds... out of no-where...

A big fat woman with painted bright red hair and tattoos all over her ugly self walks right up to the old man... says out loud to all of us "why don’t you help him up!” I stretched out my left hand to stop her but she put her arms around the old man flips him over and stands him up... everyone in the crown that had now gathered could clearly see this jolted him... and I thought he was going to go into shock or pass out again from getting up too fast... exactly what I was trying to avoid... I placed my hand on his shoulder and say to him...

“I wont be held liable for the stupidity of others...” turned around and began to make my way back to the restaurant... before I crossed the street - I stopped caring....

The medics from the fire station a few blocks up the road were arriving and I entered and explain all that happened to the manager... and resumed my work... through the window I could see that the ugly stupid lady had stayed at the old mans side as the medics checked him out... the fire department pushed the truck out of the drive way... and a small dessert willow was broken in two... 

as I was preparing to leave the old gentleman walked into the restaurant... looked at me and asked if I was the manager... I shook my head... and the girl at the counter   took him to speak to her supervisor... he apologized and explained what happened... and then walked to my table... teary eyed and humble... he thanked me for me kindness and patience... I put my hand on his shoulder and say... take care of your self...

Walked out in time to catch a bus and made my way back to Mexico...

PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When old folks are down - they are down for a reason... This old man was down for a while before I got there.... obviously... there is a reason he has not gotten up on his own.... I was trying to do good using common sense and logic and training...  When you start to use the brain that GOD gave you... you might pull yourself out of the downward spiral into the shit hole of stupidity of which you are falling into AMERICA...

A world full of fucking idiots...

2 comments:

AB Cordellion said...

If only there were the mental equivalent of a hazmat suit to wear around these hominids...

dash deringer said...

I am coming to the conclusion that stupidity and the loss of common sense is geographic...