Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Slave to the muse

A whisper a sigh - the truth in her lies
The promise of fortune and fame...
Her kiss and her touch - are now my crutch
And I love her but know not her name...

She comes to inspire - and quench her  desire
She leaves me a weak,  broken man...
But I give and I take - my heart she can break
For those riches I’ll do what I can...

Sweet seductive words - phrases no one has heard
Visions of  love I require...
And I tumble and fall - on my knees I will crawl
To her alter to light her holy fire...

I’ll raise demons from hell - call down angels as well
For my mistress demands all my passions
In return for my soul  - she has promised me gold
And young maidens in the latest fashions...
                                   
For my art I would bleed - go insane, yes indeed
The Muse will grant gifts to her lover...
And they will tell my story - lacking not in glory
For the treasures of fame I did suffer...

No comments: