Sunday, August 16, 2009

If it's not love

(I wont walk a thousand miles for you)
an unfinished rock ballad

If it’s not love I came here for
I’ll leave my heart there on the floor
With all the letters I will not send
I’ll just live and pretend - that I don’t love you
If it’s not love I’m looking for
I’ll lose myself in the night once more
I wont finish this song - I’ll let it fade away
And all the dreams I had - I’ll let them go in vain and I wont...
Walk a thousand miles for you
And all the things I said I’d do
I wont jump from the highest mountain
Steal the stars out of the sky
I wont run across the ocean
To die inside your eyes...

If it’s not love you want from me
Then why don’t you set me free
Unlock the chains of my heart - take this curse out of my mind
Lead me to your Heaven or leave me far behind
If it’s not love I feel for you
Don’t let me do the things I do
Don’t let me finish this song - I’ll let it fade away
And all those midnight promises - I’ll let them go in vain and I wont...
Ever break my heart for you
We’ll never know if this love is true
I wont turn your tears to diamonds
And turn the night to gold
Trade my soul to devil
To make you mine to hold...

1 comment:

Isabel Martínez Rossy said...

Quizás para saberlo debas atravesar el océano, caminar mil millas, enviar esas cartas, terminar esta balada...