Thursday, March 7, 2013

Counting Angels

Counting the angels that fall from the sky
I’m running away but I - can’t tell you why
I travel by train to get to the sea
A slow boat to Asia is waiting for me...

The moon becomes clear  - the past fades out of sight
Picking up Angels - cast away in the night
And I’m getting closer to where I belong
Can’t tell you why I stayed away for so long...

The Eternal Empire rises from the mist
I make dragons tremble - when I shake my fist
Business men and sailors great my at the shore
Sweet delicate geishas  behind - rice paper doors...

Counting the angels climbing out from the snow
I’m hiding from the world but I - can’t say where I’ll go
I could get lost in Brazil or the North of Thailand
But my heart is breaking -  my soul is aching...
                                                  for Japan...
maybe it's just the japan in my dreams...

3 comments:

AB Cordellion said...

Lovely stuff. Really.

I may be on my way to Japan soon...

dash deringer said...

Thanks AB... first trip to Japan?

Anonymous said...

In my humble opinion . . .

stanza #2 --reverse the first two lines---Picking up angels should come first. ----consistency