Friday, February 22, 2013

for my broken heart

poem
for my friend Isabel
...
There’s an army of angels
at the edge of my bed
A choir of sailors
Belching chanteys in my head
And deep in the valley
A lonely wolf howls in pain
As the cold winter snow
Turns to cold winter rain...

There’s a legion of demons
Surrounding my room
A defiant sparrow
circles around the moon
And deep in the forest
The muses gather in the dark
To conjure up a love song
for my broken heart...

There’s a tribe of gypsies
dreaming ‘round a fire
The Santeria queen of the market
Brewing potions of desire
And down at the pier
A pirate sings to the sea
In Kyoto somebody -
Paints inspiration for me...

Legionnaires hum a ballad
In a slow march off to war
A cowboy rides the range
Until the stars shine no more
And deep in the desert
Before the morning starts
A shaman calls up his magic
For my broken heart...
pagoda
ink and pencil
by
Victor Vogt

3 comments:

Isabel Martínez Rossy said...

un corazón roto es inservible... como el reloj parado en un tiempo viejo. Voy cosiendo con cuidado los trocitos de mi corazón y ("a Dios pongo por testigo") no dejaré que nadie vuelva a romperlo!!!
Muchas gracias por tu poema, es muy hermoso, amigo

dash deringer said...

con un corazon rompido - escribi estas poemas...

Que me perdonen todos los corazones que yo abandone...

Anonymous said...

In my humble opinion . . .
the reference to the choir of sailors seems a little out place with the rest of stanza one. Angels, sailors, valley (maybe a sea ref. instead)

Follow Stanza two: demons, sparrow, forest.

nice rhyming