Monday, December 30, 2013

the life I dreamed of as a boy...

When I was young, I was quite a day-dreamer - more so than I am now... and in these moment of self indulgence I would find myself trekking through forests and deserts and gazing down on golden valleys from atop majestic rocky peaks. I dreamed of a life of adventure and mystery and wild romances in exotic places... I wanted to navigate labyrinths of dark jungle rivers... decode ancient painting in lonely abandoned caves... and count the stars from the branches at the top of a silent forest...

Before I ever saw my first Indiana Jones movie, there was the Camel Man... and the images of this now iconic figure fueled my imagination and dreams more than any book or movie I had ever seen - except for STAR WARS - and these images could be found between the pages of all the popular men’s magazines... and whenever I came across one of these advertisement I would rip it out for my collection... at one point I had such a collection that I emptied out a folder that was for my school work and filled it up with the adventures of the Camel Man... I don’t know whatever happened to that notebook - but I wish I had it still... for images of such masculinity and manliness can no longer be found... not even in the pages of popular men’s magazines... what a shame...

more images of the Camel Man are here -

No comments: