Sunday, December 8, 2013

chasing simple moments...

I chase after simple moments... solitary beaches and lonely forests... oceans of clouds from atop a rocky mountain forgotten by time... those places and moments that the devil himself cannot deny -  bring a little peace to the soul... the smell of the rain coming down on Hong Kong... the colors of the setting sun over the valleys of the Atacama... the clouds rolling off that great mountain in Honshu...

Give me an uncomplicated life... a simple cottage by the sea... or in a green valley fortified by tall trees and ageless mountains... let me tend my flock of sheep by day and wonder at the starry skies at night... give me rest in the arms of a young maiden from the east... unspoiled by the modern world and in need of protecting... just a simple romance... built on sly glances and delicate gestures... and gentle kisses that always lead to unforgivable lust...

Give me a long quiet journey on the railways as long as the Trans-Siberian Express... to watch the world fall into chaos from the safety of my cabin surrounded by my books and my maps... pastries and bottles of wine... I’ll lose myself in the drunken fantasies of nights long ago when by mistake I lived as a sultan indulged by a harem in a haze of the forbidden Hashish...

Give me a sturdy ship... come from legend and myth... that carries the echoes of a lonely sailors’ song caught in it’s sail with the fading scent of pipe smoke... and ballads from young maidens left behind on lost islands in those crowded Asian waters... I want the calm before the storm... I want the strength of the solitary victory after it has passed... I want to be lost under constellations I can not name... racing dolphins and wales and mystic creatures in my foolish dreams... under a moon that glows as soft as the light of a candle reflecting off the side of a pearl...

1 comment:

Isabel Martínez Rossy said...

Siempre encuentro belleza cuando regreso a tus "files"
Un abrazo