Friday, June 26, 2009

West-Texas Love Song

When she’s in L.A. I’m in Dallas
When she’s in New York I’m in San Antone
When she’s in Paris I’m on my way back home
Under the moon in a West Texas love song
And I’ll keep driving all night until I reach Sun City
And I could keep driving straight into Juarez
And I could take this heart of mine and drown it in Dos Equis
Or I could give it to the first girl that says yes

And I don’t know where she is now
But I wish we were together
This lonely road can’t take her off my mind
I know that I will love her forever
Though I should let her go - I can’t leave her kiss behind
I want to chase the sun over Mount Franklin
I want to see the arms of Cristo Rey
Nobody knows the kind of state I’m in
I’m leaving it to fate - to get me through the day

When she’s in L.A. I’m in Dallas
When she’s in New York I’m in San Antone
When she’s in Milan I’m on my way back home
Under the moon in a West Texas love song
And I’ll keep driving all night until I reach my senses
And I’ll keep driving straight to the Pearly Gates
I’ll be with Jose Cuervo ‘till I find out what true love is
For a man like me I hope it’s not to late

2 comments:

Chef E said...

Put this to some music, buy an old truck with an old dog in the back; then you got yourself a mess, lol, no I love it!

Isabel Martínez Rossy said...

Espero que tu estancia en Texas esté siendo muy agradable, al menos te veo inspirado y escribiendo...eso está bien.
Gran película e inolvidable James Dean...
Sigue disfrutando de tu gente.

-Mi ordenador está en coma y estos días no puedo publicar...un descansito -